Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Competition winners!

I'm very excited to announce the winners of the free engagement shoot competition*! And they are Tammy and Mark! It was so hard deciding a winner as I had friends entering as well...so I resorted to the old fashioned fair route of picking a name out of a 'hat'...that way I couldn't be biased :) 

View Kirsten's video announcement on thebridewithablog.com - And a big big thanks goes to Kirsten for hosting the competition!

Thanks to all that entered! 

Read Tammy's entry below...

xx Taryn



"1 year ago I took Mark on our anniversary on a suprise weekend away to Franschoek... we stopped at several wine farms (especially L'omarins where we met the wine maker...who fed us copius amounts of wine!)... and we had so much fun together, not just as boyfriend and girlfriend but as good friends! Mark realised that weekend that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me... 8 months later and after a very scary meeting with my mom & with my dad, mark decided he couldn't wait anymore.... 


He whisked me away from work on the friday afternoon & we arrived in Franschoek. I was totally oblivious! We arrived at L'omarins & the wine maker who entertained is before took us up into the mountains for a 'wine tasting'. "oops something has gone wrong at the cellar" he said... "im just gonna drop you off to look at the view at the top of the estate and will come back up for the wine tasting". As the sun was setting we walked to the top of the estate, overlooking the entire Franschoek valley, where the sun was setting... at the top was champagne and flowers... i was very confused!? Mark asked me... "are you happy with me my love" I answered of course so he said "so you won't mind ( and he went down on one knee) if i ask you to marry me!?" After asking if he was serious about 5 times -shock had set in- i said YES. I get to spend the rest of my life with the most caring, loving man I had ever 
met....YAY!"


*T&C's: The prize/shoot is valid till end Dec 2011.

No comments: