Pages

Friday, December 20, 2013

A personal thank you to the year that was...











I can't believe its already late December and as I'm sitting backing up my hard drives for the next 5 weddings coming up between 21 December and 4 January I started feeling a little sentimental about
    the year that was :)

This has truly been an incredible year with so many memories made!

I want to firstly thank all the clients that I've photographed this year - without you I wouldn't be able to be doing what I love and that is to photograph beautiful things and people are beautiful things :) Each one of you intrigues me and you all bring your different personalities and life experiences in front of me and the camera to document the raw awesomeness that is you.

With every year comes happiness and some sadness, and this year has definitely brought me both. I've had some wonderful times and also gone through some heartbreak this year, but I think that's what builds our characters, shapes our hearts and makes each one of us individual.




Some things I'm grateful for this year are:

1. Getting my first magazine feature!!

2. Having a wedding featured on The Pretty Blog and 2 other weddings featured on MooiTroues!

3. Met some crazy cool clients this year and got to photograph them :)

4. Having good health. This one is never under appreciated!

5. Moved office from Somerset West to a farm in Stellenbosch.

6. My logo got a facelift!

7. We got to celebrate the life of Madiba through his passing.

8. Grateful for friends and the times we share over a bottle of red :)

9. My folks for their love and endless support of my creativity and photography dreams.

10. Fortunate to be working from home...which at the moment is on a farm with cows, geese, chickens, ducks, vineyards and olive groves.

11. And thank you Lord for blessing me with my talents!




I've had immense trouble with my internet and general connectivity this year and its hindered me from blogging as much as I'd like or usually do. I will definitely make up for this in 2014...make that one of my New Years resolutions :)

I didn't get to go overseas this year, but did explore a bit of Durban for the first time with someone special, and I got to spend quality time with friends and explore the city of Cape Town a little more.



I don't think 2013 was my year...which makes me look forward to 2014 even more so!!! Here are a few highlights and some special moments from 2013 that I thought I'd share with you (via my instagram pics :)


xxTaryn









No comments: